Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2016

5 questions to Lauren Strange

Born and raised in Memphis, TN, Lauren Strange has been an award-winning songwriter from the age of 9. Backed by her Pretty Killers, she forms a genuine bond with audiences. Lauren Strange is not an act to sleep on, blending real artisan songwriting with electrified passion for her craft. 
Lauren is about to release her own version of Cranberries 90´s hit Zombie on September 23rd, pre-order at this location:
https://laurenstrange.bandcamp.com/

1. What is the latest record (cd/vinyl or download) you bought? 
Lauren-I’m a huge Tegan & Sara fan, so the last record I bought is their new album “Love You to Death.” I’ve pre-ordered their last 2 records on iTunes and then bought a vinyl copy at my favorite record store in Nashville – The Groove Records! 

2. With pop taking over the charts, is rock and roll dead? 
Lauren-I think what’s considered mainstream rock is continually evolving, but there are still incredible rock bands making waves like Wolf Alice, Highly Suspect, Savages, & Meg Myers.  

3. What do you think happens when we die? 
Lauren-I’m really not sure. May I phone a friend – Neil deGrasse Tyson, maybe? 

4. If you had to pick a film to live in as a new character, which film would you choose and why? 
Lauren-I’d love to be in one of the upcoming Star Wars movies. The Force Awakens was such a great film and has such strong female leads. I also feel like I could easily be good pals with Kristen Wiig’s character in Bridesmaids. 

5. If Nasa made you an offer to be the first artist to play a concert on the moon, would you take it?
Lauren-Absolutely! I think it’d have to be a mostly David Bowie set to pay tribute to the Man Who Fell to Earth.

No comments: