Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Review : Withem - The unforgiving road

Withem - The unforgiving road (2016) Frontiers Records
Produced by Withem
PROGRESSIVE METAL
Tracks : 1.Intro 2.Exit 3.In the hands of a god 4.The pain I collected 5.Riven 6.C´est la vie 7.The eye in the sky 8.Arrhythmia 9.In my will 10.Unaffected love 11.Outro
www.facebook.com/Withemband
2,5 out of 5

The Norwegian progmetal scene has always been interesting with bands like Ark, Conception, Circus Maximus, Pagan´s Mind, Divided Multitude and Withem.
Withem´s debut album "Point of you" came out in 2013 and is now followed by "The unforgiving road", an album that probably will be welcomed by many progmetal fans but I expected more.
They are great musicians and the production is faultless but the lack of memorable melodies makes this album a so-so affair.
There are moments that bring thoughts to A.C.T which is cool, but like I said, only moments.
The intro is beautiful, I really like the arrangement on this one. I know this band have it inside of them, they just need to bring it out.
Highlights : Arrhythmia, Riven
Recommended if you like DGM, Circus Maximus, Dream Theater

No comments: