Friday, April 15, 2016

Review : Step Rockets - Future nature

Step Rockets - Future Nature (2016) Independent
Produced by Step Rockets
ALTERNATIVE POP
Tracks : 1.West coast 2.Kisser 3.Love is just a chemical 4.Turning tides 5.Phantom flower 6.Chances
www.facebook.com/StepRockets
3,5 out of 5

Feel like dancing? Well, Minneapolis based Step Rockets will make you put on those dancing shoes in no time when you hear their debut EP "Future nature".
I think the band has created a cool blend of indie rock and charming 80´s pop, they both sound 2016 and 1984 at the same time if you know what I mean.
The 2013 hit "Kisser" is included here as well as the new irresistable single "West coast", these are my personal faves on the EP but I think all songs are addictive in one way or another.
Step Rockets are flirting with Wham in songs like "Turning tides" and "Phantom flower", this is music that will make any sad person smile. I feel all happy inside when I listen to "Future nature".
Highlights : West coast, Turning tides, Kisser
Recommended if you like Sunset Sons, The Script, Walking On Cars

No comments: