Thursday, December 31, 2015

Review : Spoken - Breathe again

Spoken - Breathe again (2015) Artery Recordings
Produced by Spoken
ROCK / METAL
Tracks : 1.Intro 2.Walking in my dreams 3.Beyond the stars 4.Surrender 5.Breathe again 6.All I wanted 7.Hollow and untrue 8.Memories are alive again 9.Nothing without you 10.Poison in the air 11.Falling apart 12.Hold on 13.Take my breath away 14.Outro
www.facebook.com/spoken
3,5 out of 5

Coming from the post hardcore neighborhood of the early days, there are no traces left at all in Spoken´s new sound. They already showed this new direction on their previous album "Illusion" but I never thought the songs were this good on that one, Spoken took it up a notch on "Breathe again" because everything´s a bit stronger from the songs to the production as well.
The elements of electronica only makes a perfect addition to this active rock affair, I´m happy to say that their 8th studio album is their best one so far.
I really didn´t expect that because I´m not such a big fan of this band.
Highlights : Hold on, Breathe again, Nothing without you
Recommended if you like Disciple, Thousand Foot Krutch, Decyfer Down

No comments: