Thursday, August 21, 2014

Cassavetes - Oh so long


Cassavetes - Oh so long (2014) Black Numbers Records
Produced by Cassavetes
PUNK ROCK / GRUNGE
Tracks : 1.Tied down 2.Follow 3.Extra clear 4.Like ghosts 5.Realize 6.So loud 7.Maribel 8.Oh so long
www.facebook.com/cassavetesphilly
2,5 out of 5

I hear a bit of both 70´s punk and 90´s grunge in Philadelphia rockers Cassavetes debut album "Oh so long", imagine The Jam meets Nirvana with a touch of the rocknroll of The Refreshments.
The album is a bit uneven but I like their energy, I bet they´re a great live act.
2nd track "Follow" bring thoughts to the first Foo Fighters album which is cool, the 4th track "Like ghosts" is 70´s punk all the way with traces of noiserock.
I clearly hear the Nirvana influences in "Realize", I think Kurt Cobain would´ve liked it.
Fans of Red Hot Chili Peppers will dig the song "Extra clear", did anyone say Californication?
A decent album.

No comments: