Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Reverend Horton Heat - Rev


Reverend Horton Heat - Rev (2014) Victory Records
Produced by Jim Heath
ROCKABILLY / PUNK
Tracks : 1.Victory lap 2.Smell of gasoline 3.Never gonna stop it 4.Zombie dumb 5.Spookyboots 6.Shizoid 7.Scenery going by 8.My hat 9.Let me teach you how to eat 10.Mad mad heart 11.Longest gonest man 12.Hardscrabble woman 13.Chasing rainbows
www.reverendhortonheat.com
2,5 out of 5

I never thought the day would come when I am listening to rockabilly but here I am sitting comfortable in my sofa, diggin´ to the tunes of Reverend Horton Heat´s 11th studio album "Rev". Their first for Victory Records which is an odd signing since this label focus more on metalcore and heavy music in general. However, Jim Heath´s trio Reverend Horton Heat ain´t your average rockabilly band. There´s also a big injection of rocknroll and punk in their sound that has roots in the 50´s, without Chuck Berry, The Shadows and The Cramps - there would be no Reverend Horton Heat.
Lemmy of Motorhead is a big fan and my guess is that you will find albums by this band in Tarantino´s record collection too. Like I said, this ain´t my type of music but I do enjoy a few songs like "Zombie dumb", "Scenery going by" and "Victory lap".
Thumbs up for the huge reverb effect that sounds like they´re playing in Grand Canyon. Cool!

No comments: