Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Rage of South - I see, I say, I hear


Rage of South - I see, I say, I hear (2013) Red Cat Records
Produced by Leonardo Tancredi / Gaetano Catania
NUMETAL
Tracks : 1.Intro 2.Sheep 3.Silence 4.Prayer 5.Stay down 6.That fear about me 7.Reflection 8.That falling down 9.Theme of Juliet 10.Let me die 11.Approved
www.rageofsouth.com
2,5 out of 5

To create a great numetal album, you need the riffs, the hooks, a lot of aggression and a Mammoth heavy production to go with it.
The Sicilian band Rage of South are halfway there, they´re like a well oiled, efficient riff machine that yet never got into gear. Most often, the songs start promising but I´m waiting for the band to explode into a huge riff that never comes. Well, they rock kinda hard in "Reflection" and there are a few more moments on their first album "I see, I say, I hear" that feels ok.
But I can´t get rid of the feeling that there´s something missing.
For fans of early KoRn and 6 Gig.

No comments: