Friday, February 7, 2014

A.C.T - Circus pandemonium


A.C.T - Circus pandemonium (2014) Marquee Avalon Records
Produced by A.C.T
PROGRESSIVE ROCK
Tracks : 1.Intro 2.The end 3.Everything´s falling 4.Manager´s wish 5.A truly gifted man 6.Presentation 7.Look at the freak 8.Argument 9.Confrontation 10.A mother´s love 11.The funniest man alive 12.Scared 13.A failed escape attempt 14.Lady in white 15.Freak of nature
www.actworld.se
4,5 out of 5

Silence was a convenient title for A.C.T´s previous album from 2006 because then there was eh....silence around this amazing band, well if you ask me - I thought there would be no more music from these guys but here we are with a brand new album called "Circus pandemonium".
And just like their concept album "Last epic" (2003) which told the story about a building of apartments, the band now deliver a new concept album about a circus at the turn of the 20th century.
From what I´ve read, I also believe the booklet will be awesome because at this moment, all I have is the advance cd.
I´m glad to say the band sound inspired and adventurous again, even if their previous album "Silence" was good and I got the feeling the band was running on empty with no more fresh ideas to keep the listener in a surprise mood.
A.C.T has recharged the batteries and now give us an album of splendour where the fans are in for a treat with progrock extravaganza, the classic A.C.T sound has returned and a tear almost fall from my eyes when I hear the fruitful "A truly gifted man".
"Look at the freak" is the best song Sparks never wrote back in the 70´s, this band truly has a unique sound of artpop and progrock that is built on love for their heroes such as It Bites, Big Money, E.L.O, 10cc etc.
The majestic "A mother´s love" is one of the best songs I´ve heard from this band, in fact their new album is perhaps their strongest so far.
If the Swedish music industry drives a Lada in 2014, then A.C.T drives a Rolls Royce!

5 comments:

Marcus Bengtson said...

I envy you for having heard this, bro. Inspiring review, as well!

Daniel Reichberg said...

I've had the privilege of hearing the album and you're spot on!

Kaj Roth said...

Yeah what a superb album this is. A.C.T will end up on my Top album list of 2014.

Valentin Banaru said...

This is an amazing album, one of the best in modern prog rock

Kaj Roth said...

A.C.T. rules