Sunday, January 26, 2014

Crawling Chaos - Repellent gastronomy


Crawling Chaos - Repellent gastronomy (2013) Memorial Records
Produced by Simone Mularoni
METAL
Tracks : 1.Rue D´Auseil 2.Blind fiends of the ancient evil 3.From the unsafe shrines cometh the abyss 4.Plate XII 5.Encephalitic cyst 6.Let the vultures sing our deeds 7.Closing the gates 8.Premature burial 9.Visceral breeding army 10.Promised unheaven 11.The sleep of Inhanna 12.Manifest of chaos 13.Glory to my enemy
www.facebook.com/crawlingchaosit
2,5 out of 5

"Repellent gastronomy" is the debut album from Italian death metal band Crawling Chaos, they are inspired by bands like Lamb of God, Death, Cannibal Corpse and Behemoth.
This 49 minute album contains 13 tracks of old school death metal mixed with modern and more sharp metal, I think they pull off some earthshaking riffs in "Promised unheaven" and "Closing the gates" got a great groove. The best track is the explosive "Plate XII" where the band has managed to create a cool and moving song. It´s a well produced album but also a bit uneven, I have a hard time getting into the old school thing of the album´s deathmetal sound. It´s the more modern parts that I embrace, like the closing track "Glory to my enemy" for example but in the end.......I just feel like I was runover by a truck and with an overdose of growls.

No comments: