Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Perpetrators - Stick ´em up


The Perpetrators - Stick ´em up (2013) Independent
Produced by The Perpetrators
BLUES / ROCK
Tracks : 1.Sweetgrass 2.Spend more money 3.You´ve got to tell me 4.Smokes ´n chicken 5.Tired of tryin to keep my cool 6.I must be crazy 7.Who´s it gonna be 8.Shake it 9.Bad man 10.Take you on
www.theperps.ca
3 out of 5

The Canadian band The Perpetrators is led by singer/guitarist Jay Nowicki and their albums has been nominated several times as the best blues recording in Canada.
Their 4th album "Stick ´em up" is the follow up to the 2007 album "Tow tuck" and what we get is a cool mix of Memphis blues and dirty rocknroll, think Jeff Healey meets Rockpile with a touch of Stevie Ray Vaughan and you´ll get The Perpetrators.
This ain´t the kind of music I normally listen to but Jay is a great guitarplayer and their blues feels very honest, I also like the band´s energy a lot. I bet they´re an awesome live act, just listen to songs like "Smokes ´n chicken" or "Sweetgrass" and you´ll know what I mean.
The glowing riffs in "I must be crazy" bring thoughts to early Led Zeppelin while "Tired of tryin to keep my cool" should make ZZ Top real proud, thumbs up!



No comments: