Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Skillet - Rise


Skillet - Rise (2013) Atlantic Records
Produced by Howard Benson
CHRISTIAN ROCK
Tracks : 1.Rise 2.Sick of it 3.Good to be alive 4.Not gonna die 5.Circus for a psycho 6.American noise 7.Madness in me 8.Salvation 9.Fire and fury 10.My religion 11.Hard to find 12.What I believe
www.skillet.com
3,5 out of 5

My first meeting with Skillet was their 2nd album "Hey you, I love your soul" from 1998 but they were a completely different band soundwise back then.
Today, they are one of the biggest bands in the christian rock genre and are still winning fans over to their camp - most recently on tour with Nickelback.
Their 9th studio album "Rise" reached #4 on the Billboard Top 200 with hitsingles like "Sick of it", "Not gonna die", "American noise" and "Fire and fury". But I reckon they could release a few more songs to climb the active rock chart such as "What I believe" and the strong opener"Rise".
AllMusic call their music orchestral prog rock and I agree, I totally love this huge sound! It´s also cool that they flirt with Angus Young on "Circus for psycho", their new lead guitarist Seth Morrison is great by the way. He replaced the long time member Ben Kasica who was with the band over 10 years.
The new album cannot match "Comatose" from 2006 but it´s equal to "Awake" (2009).
Other albums worth checking out if you like Skillet:
Awaken - Broken circle, Stria - Stria, The Truth Is - A new beginning.

No comments: