Thursday, September 19, 2013

Polaris Rose - The moon and it´s secrets


Polaris Rose - The Moon & It´s Secrets (2013) Independent
Produced by Polaris Rose
INDIE POP
Tracks : 1.Chartreuse 2.Dreamers 3.Oceana sleeping 4.The end of all things
www.polarisrose.com
3 out of 5

Peter Anthony and Madelynn Elyse are Polaris Rose, this Los Angeles based duo has chosen the moon and it´s secrets as the title of their new EP and what can I say, I love the title. There´s a bit of mystique in the title as well as the music, you could call it romantic pop too and I bet Peter and Madelynn wouldn´t mind. What we get is a mix of indie pop, 90´s alternative rock and electronica where my thoughts go to bands like Ash, Fono and Belle Histoire. The new single "Chartreuse" opens the EP in a grande way, it was actually the first song that moved me when I heard all 4 tracks. But the other songs grow for each time I listen to "The moon and it´s secrets", another song that has opened up my eyes is the more rocking "The end of all things". They´re stuck in the midtempo lane and could´ve added at least one upbeat song, perhaps we´ll get it when they announce their next release?

No comments: