Saturday, September 14, 2013

Kathleen Haskard - Where the land meets the sky


Kathleen Haskard - Where the land meets the sky (2013) Independent
Produced by Chuck Prophet
FOLK ROCK
Tracks : 1.I´ll be your fool 2.Untangle this thing 3.Drama in the dark 4.All your glory 5.Where the land meets the sky 6.Flyin´ blind 7.When I´m gone 8.Mother of Earth 9.Maquina 501 10.Please delete me
www.facebook.com/kathleenhaskardmusic
2,5 out of 5

London based singer/songwriter Kathleen Haskard had the honor of singing backing vocals in the choir on Neil Young´s "Living with war" album and Neil Young is also one of her biggest influences along with Patti Smith, Leonard Cohen and Joni Mitchell. She has released 3 albums including the latest one "Where the land meets the sky" and according to Kathleen herself, she calls her music folk-noire. There´s definitely a lot of folkrock in her sound but in a bluesy way, plus you can add some Americana into the mix as well. She´s got a deep voice which you can hear in songs like "I´ll be your fool" and "All your glory". At times, her music bring thoughts to Tanita Tikaram but in a roots-rock flavored style. I do enjoy songs like "Drama in the dark" and "Please delete me" where Kathleen proves what a great lyricist she is but I think the entire album is too laid back.

3 comments:

kathleen haskard said...

Thanks for the great review! In the hustle bustle of today's world I am thrilled to be called "too laid back"... I like to think of my music as a way to help the listener unwind and chill out with or without a drink, a smoke or an easy chair....

kathleen haskard said...

Thanks for the review. In this hectic hyper speedy world I like to think of my music as songs to chill out by! The perfect way to end your day.... To be taken with a drink, a smoke or in isolation :)

When they go said...

Laid back is good...right ;-))
Go get em Kathleen. I'll be buying it X