Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Hearts and Hands - My own machine


Hearts and Hands - My own machine (2013) Artery Recordings / Razor and Tie
Produced by Stephen Hawkes
POST HARDCORE
Tracks : 1.Intro 2.The chosen ones 3.Close your eyes 4.Dirty little lies 5.My own machine 6.Faithless 7.Faith 8.Come home 9.Let go 10.Leave it all behind 11.The sun always rises 12.Faith (acoustic)
www.facebook.com/heartsandhandsofficial
4 out of 5

Their self titled EP from 2012 was just a starter of something great to come, Utah based Hearts and Hands raised the bar for their debut full length "My own machine" and managed to score big time. It´s all about melodies here and this band doesn´t hold back when it comes to revealing their strength of knockout choruses in a futuristic sound. I did complain about the lack of variety in the songs on their EP but that has changed for the better on this 12 track album, from the opening of the powerful intro that will ignite any crowd to the arena rock of "Faith" which is available in 2 versions - both acoustic and electric. Other favorites on the smashing record are "The chosen ones" and "The sun always rises", I am truly impressed by this album and love the way that they feels like a heavier Fall Out Boy.



2 comments:

mburrows said...

Love your reviews. I've found a few new bands to listen to since I found this blog. Thanks for your continuous updates!

Kaj Roth said...

Thanks for your nice comment, I appreciate it.