Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Venetia Fair - Every sick, disgusting thought we´ve got in our brain


The Venetia Fair - Every sick, disgusting thought we´ve got in our brain (2013) SwitchBitch Records
Produced by The Venetia Fair
ART ROCK
Tracks : 1.Too late to dream 2.The day I set them free 3.I : We used to worship the moon 4.Pride alone won´t put this fire out 5.II : The dirt won´t keep your secrets 6.Only in the morning 7.Bleeding a stone 8.The sky came down 9.III : Go on, paint me a picture 10.IV : The saints of Gomorrah 11.V : You never looked like this 12.Puking platitudes 13.VI : I could end my search tonight
www.facebook.com/thevenetiafair
3,5 out of 5

If you´re looking for unpredictable music and want to be surprised once in a while, search no longer because The Venetia Fair is the answer to your prayers. How exciting I find this band and I really liked their 2009 debut "The Circus" but the new album "Every sick, disgusting thought we´ve got in our brain" is even better. They have also released the EP "The pits" between these albums if you want more from this adorable band. The blend of artrock and drama pop makes me all warm inside and I think of their sound as something that would be perfect for a Tim Burton movie, but I also sense traces of bands like Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance when I listen to these new songs. Highlights : Bleeding a stone, Only in the morning, We used to worship the moon.

TVF is an unsigned band. They independently funded their album via kickstarter. SwitchBitch Records strictly released a run of their vinyl.

No comments: