Saturday, August 10, 2013

Little River Band - Cuts like a diamond


Little River Band - Cuts like a diamond (2013) Frontiers Records
Produced by Little River Band
MELODIC ROCK
Tracks : 1.The lost and the lonely 2.Forever you, forever me 3.Cuts like a diamond 4.You dream, I´ll drive 5.I´m an island 6.Way too good 7.What if you´re wrong 8.Where do I run 9.Someone 10.Who speaks for me 11.Love is
http://littleriverband.com
3 out of 5

If you ask me, Little River Band is one of the greatest bands to come from Australia. They´re a superb vocal band with several classic releases in the 70´s and 80´s with amazing frontmen like Glenn Shorrock and John Farnham and more than 30 million sold albums. Today, there are no original members left but their trademark of the typical LRB sound is still there when you listen to their new album "Cuts like a diamond". The 2013 line up is fronted by long time member Wayne Nelson on lead vocals and bass and he does a really great job behind the mic, you can´t complain about the harmony vocals either. I think the new album sounds a bit like "No reins" (1986) meets "Monsoon" (1988), this is a solid piece of work with some really good songs like the new single "The lost and the lonely", the title track "Cuts like a diamond" and the beautiful "I´m an island".
Fans won´t be disappointed to hear their first album with new original songs since 2004.


No comments: