Sunday, August 11, 2013

Houston - II


Houston - II (2013) Livewire / Cargo Records
Produced by Ricky Delin
AOR
Tracks : 1.Glory 2.I´m coming home 3.Return my heart 4.Talk to me 5.Back to the summer of love 6.24 hours 7.On the radio 8.Losing 9.Just friends 10.Believe
www.facebook.com/Houstonsweden
3 out of 5

The Swedish AOR band Houston´s debut album from 2010 was well received by the press and the year after, the band released the covers EP "Relaunch" of classic 80´s AOR songs. Producer and keyboard player Ricky Delin has now joined Hank Erix - Lead Vocals and Freddie Allen - Drums. Guitar parts is once again handled by Tommy Denander and fans of the first album will of course be pleased to hear the new album because we get traditional Scandi-AOR in the 80´s vein. I wasn´t at all impressed by their debut but I do think the new songs are a bit stronger, I really like tracks like the opener "Glory", "Back to the summer of love" and "24 hours". The new single "I´m coming home" might feel a bit average but it´s ok, however I´m glad AOR is still alive and well in my homecountry.

No comments: