Saturday, June 15, 2013

Infinita Symphonia - Infinita Symphonia


Infinita Symphonia - Infinita Symphonia (2013) Scarlet Records
Produced by Giuseppe Orlando
PROGRESSIVE METAL
Tracks : 1.If I could go back 2.The last breath 3.Welcome to my world 4.Drowsiness 5.In your eyes 6.Fly 7.Interlude 8.Waiting for a day of happiness 9.X IV 10.Limbo
www.infinitasymphonia.com
4,5 out of 5

Italian progmetallers Infinita Symphonia has taken a more modern approach on their new self titled album, but don´t worry because you will still recognize the classic heavy metal vibes which is an important cornerstone of Infinita Symphonia´s sound.
I almost didn´t dare to listen to the new album because I had way too high expectations since their debut album "A mind´s chronicle" was one of the best albums of 2011. I gave it 5 stars at melodic.net but after a few spins of their new record, I do think it´s a monster album too but not as great as their first masterpiece.
Even though I don´t really mind growl in metal music, I don´t think it fit in that well in Infinita Symphonia´s progmetal but thank god I only hear it in two tracks.
The Rush influenced "The last breath" is one of the highlights on the new album along with the excellent "Drowsiness", this is top quality progmetal. There´s a guest appearance from Michael Kiske (Helloween) in the powerful "Fly", what a great song it is too. IS close the album with the epic "Limbo", just close your eyes and enjoy some fab harmony changes and pro-musicianship.

No comments: