Saturday, June 22, 2013

I Can See Mountains - Life on a houseboat


I Can See Mountains - Life on a houseboat (2013) Panic Records
Produced by I Can See Mountains
INDIE ROCK / PUNK
Tracks : 1.One mirror, two bodies 2.Life on a houseboat 3.Sea legs 4.Snake eater 5.She´s my Bobby Orr 6.I play the fox 7.Sweater science 8.Campfire skin 9.Glory 10.One big table 11.The tigers have found me
www.facebook.com/icanseemountains
2,5 out of 5

"Life on a houseboat" is the debut album from Buffalo based I Can See Mountains, the same hometown as Goo Goo Dolls, Cute Is What We Aim For and Gym Class Heroes. This is a record made in Buffalo 2013 but they sound more like London 1977, their indie rock flavored punk rock sound of course bring thoughts to modern bands like The American Scene and Maker but also old school new wave like The Clash and The Jam. This 11 track album is decent from start to finish, I kinda like their singalong choruses but I must say their songs work better in small doses. Thumbs up for the cool songtitles "She´s my Bobby Orr" and "One mirror, two bodies". Favorite song - the title track "Life on a houseboat".

No comments: