Thursday, December 20, 2012

Snakecharmer - Snakecharmer


Snakecharmer - Snakecharmer (2013) Frontiers Records
Produced by Snakecharmer
CLASSIC ROCK
Tracks : 1.My angel 2.Accident prone 3.To the rescue 4.Falling leaves 5.A little rocknroll 6.Turn of the screw 7.Smoking gun 8.Stand up 9.Guilty as charged 10.Nothing to lose 11.Cover me in you
www.snakecharmer.org
4 out of 5

Supergroup has become a term that some use for just about any project of less famous musicians these days but in this case with Snakecharmer, it´s appropriate and justified. This new band features Micky Moody-Guitars (Whitesnake), Neil Murray-Bass (Whitesnake), Chris Ousey-Vocals (Heartland), Adam Wakeman-Keyboards (Ozzy), Laurie Wisefield-Guitars (Wishbone Ash) and Harry James-Drums (Thunder).
I must admit that I didn´t have any expectations about their debut album, but to my surprise they have truly delivered a really strong album of classic rock tunes in the same vein as early Whitesnake, Bad Company and even Foreigner (at times).
This must be Chris Ousey´s best vocal performance ever, he sounds like a deadringer for Eric Martin but we shall not forget the classy songwriting from Moody and Co. I just adore songs like "My angel", "A little rocknroll" and "Stand up". What a great start of 2013.

No comments: