Monday, November 5, 2012

Gene The Werewolf - Rocknroll Animal

Gene The Werewolf - Rock´n´roll Animal (2012) Frontiers Records
Produced by Gene The Werewolf
CLASSIC ROCK
Tracks : 1.Wicked love 2.I only wanna rocknroll 3.Superhero 4.Heart of steel 5.Rocknroll animal 6.I´ve got the love 7.Ruffneck woman 8.Light me up 9.Firecracker 10.Give it up 11.The ballad of Gene
www.facebook.com/genethewerewolf
3,5 out of 5

When I was in London a few weeks back, I went to see the Rock of Ages musical that is based on 80´s rock with that party time flavor. The international debut album "Rocknroll animal" from Pittsburgh based Gene The Werewolf is filled with feel good rocknroll that should be perfect for Rock of Ages, this band is heavily influenced by bands like Kiss, AC/DC, Def Leppard and Motley Crue. I also welcome the traces of powerpop in "Superhero" and the AOR flirt in the splendid "Give it up", I think The Darkness is full of envy that they didn´t write "I´ve got the love". Put the singalong chorus of "Heart of steel" on your next mixtape and you´re home, what the heck...you can use the entire album for the party time mix.

No comments: