Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Farewell Circuit - In our bones

The Farewell Circuit - In our bones (2011) Princess Records
Produced by The Farewell Circuit / Brett Bullion
INDIE POP
Tracks : 1.In our bones 2.Make it right 3.10.08.10 4.Guard 5.KDL 6.The light 7.Appliances 8.Exodus 9.Oh my god 10.Run for the hills 11.In our bones (Pick up a plow)
www.facebook.com/farewellcircuit
3,5 out of 5

The music scene in Minneapolis keep producing great bands and the latest one for me to discover is The Farewell Circuit, this 5 piece band released their debut "Birdless sky" in 2009 and followed up with "Brother´s eyes" in 2010 but it´s their latest album "In our bones" I will focus on in my review. Their songs are like velvet to your skin, very beautiful produced and almost space rock-like in some moments. Critics before me have compared them to Death Cab For Cutie and I won´t argue, just listen to "The light" and you will understand. They deliver magic melodies in songs like "Guard" and "Oh my god", close your eyes and daydream away.

No comments: