Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Birthday Massacre - Walking with strangers

The Birthday Massacre - Walking with strangers (2007) Metropolis Records
Produced by Dave Ogilvie / The Birthday Massacre
ELECTRO ROCK
Tracks : 1.Kill the lights 2.Goodnight 3.Falling down 4.Unfamiliar 5.Red stars 6.Looking glass 7.Science 8.Remember me 9.To die for 10.Walking with strangers 11.Weekend 12.Movie
www.thebirthdaymassacre.com
4 out of 5

I have written about Canadian synthrock band The Birthday Massacre a few times on my blog but have actually never listened to an entire album until now, I have only heard a few songs with this female fronted band but always thought they sounded cool. The band debuted with "Nothing and nowhere" in 2002 and will release their 5th album "Hide and seek" in October 2012, I do have a copy of their 3rd album "Walking with strangers" and thought it was about time I listened to the whole album. Shame on me!
This is a really great album for fans of Shiny Toy Guns, Orgy and Mindless Self Indulgence. The production is excellent and I just adore the layers of synthesizers, without Ultravox - no TBM! Every track is strong and I must say that this kind of music sound even better in headphones.

No comments: