Thursday, August 30, 2012

John Schlitt - The Greater Cause

John Schlitt - The Greater Cause (2012) 4K Records
Produced by Dan Needham
HARD ROCK
Tracks : 1.Live it loud 2.Take me home 3.Love won´t leave me alone 4.One of these days 5.Faith and freedom 6.End of fear 7.Where I wanna be 8.Hope that saves the world 9.Run 10.The gift 11.The cross remains
www.johnwschlitt.com
4 out of 5

John Schlitt is one of my top 10 favorite singers, I have seen him live twice, once with his former band Petra back in 1990 and solo a couple of years ago. Recently he released his 4th solo album "The greater cause" and it´s a classic hard rock album with a great vocal performance from Schlitt, what else? I think the music goes in the same vein as the Petra album "Jekyll and Hyde" from 2003 mixed with his first solo albums "Shake" and "Unfit for swine". The album opens with a few riff rocking gems such as "Live it loud", "Take me home" and "Love won´t leave me alone" but there are also songs in the melodic rock/AOR style like "End of fear" and "Where I wanna be". Lyrically, Schlitt sings out the message of hope and love with songs co-written by producer Dan Needham. With an album like "The greater cause", it´s real easy to get hope and love.

No comments: