Monday, July 23, 2012

Scream Silence - Aphelia

Scream Silence - Aphelia (2007) Plainsong Records
Produced by Scream Silence
GOTH ROCK
Tracks : 1.My eyes 2.Harvest 3.Kerosene 4.The vitriol 5.Nothingness 6.My tenebrous illusion 7.Unspoken 8.In every sin 9.Riders 10.Aphelia
http://www.screamsilence.de/
3 out of 5

I continue my trip among 5 year old releases that has remained unheard for me until now when I decided to listen to every record I have in my 2007 folder on my computer. This time out is the German goth rock band Scream Silence that formed in 1998 and debuted with "To die for" in 1999. Their 6th album "Aphelia" came out in 2007 and it´s quite obvious that they´re heavily influenced by H.I.M, The 69 Eyes and Type O Negative. We´re talking dark synth-laden goth rock here, the album is well produced and I really enjoy tracks like "Kerosene" and "Unspoken". The band also released "Apothology" in 2008 and the self titled new album in February 2012.
Solid stuff!

No comments: