Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My Small Community - A day becomes a lifetime

My Small Community - A day becomes a lifetime (2007) Edge Records
Produced by My Small Community
HARD ROCK
Tracks : 1.The choice is yours 2.Let it burn 3.Within reach 4.Open world 5.Endless day 6.Poison 7.What I can do with you 8.Before you 9.Into the unknown 10.Blindfold 11.Disappear 12.And the chopper returns
www.myspace.com/mysmallcommunity
3 out of 5

What do I know about rock music from Hungary?.........(silence).....eh, ok then, I know a few bands like The Idoru, H.A.R.D and Age of Nemesis. And now also My Small Community from Budapest.
But the big stop sign comes up after these 4 bands, for a long time it hasn´t been easy for rock bands to get somewhere on the eastern front. But things are changing and thanks to the internet, bands like My Small Community has a bigger chance to get their music outside Hungary.
Their debut "A day becomes a lifetime" is a solid hard rock/heavy metal affair with traces of 80´s rock but I can also feel the winds of grunge in a few songs. They even pull off a cover of Alice Cooper´s "Poison" but in a more punk-ish way, nice. The best tracks are "Let it burn" and "Within reach".
The band also released an EP in 2010.

No comments: