Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Minipop - A new hope

Minipop - A new hope (2007) Take Root Records
Produced by Chris Manning
INDIE POP
Tracks : 1.Fingertrips 2.Like I do 3.Generator 4.A new hope 5.Precious 6.Ask me a question 7.Butterflies 8.Someone to love 9.My little bee 10.Untitled
www.myspace.com/minipop
3 out of 5

I listened to San Fransisco based Minipop when my wife came home from work, -what you´re listening to? She said. -A band called Minipop, I told her. -What a crappy bandname? She answered.
Well, I don´t think it´s a great name but on the other hand, it´s not that bad either.
The band features Matthew Swanson - Guitar/Keyboards, Tricia Kanne - Vocals, Nick Forte - Bass and Lauren Grubb - Drums. Their debut album "A new hope" is produced by Chris Manning of Jellyfish and it´s a beautiful dreampop album in the same vein as A Camp, Dream State and Julee Cruise (Twin Peaks theme). The music is very soft where the first half of the album is stronger than the 2nd half, but what a nice song "Fingerprints" is. Love it.
They have also released the "Automatic love" EP in 2010.

No comments: