Saturday, July 28, 2012

Evolove - Acoustic Sessions Vol.1

Evolove - Acoustic Sessions Vol.1 (2012) Opus 1 Music
Produced by Evolove
POP / ROCK
Tracks : 1.Wake up call 2.Everything´s falling 3.Four walls 4.3 Cheers 5.Irony of life 6.The dream 7.Nothing but me 8.Let me in 9.Spare me 10.Fear 11.Toyshop girl 12.2012
www.facebook.com/evolovetheband
2,5 out of 5

Los Angeles based pop/rock band Evolove is fronted by the charismatic Lucy Levinsohn who´s voice reminds a bit of Gwen Stefani (No Doubt) and Greta Valenti (Well Hung Heart). But the music on their new acoustic album has more in common with Paramore and 4 Non Blondes, we get 3 unplugged versions from their debut "2012:Countdown to the end" where the track "Let me in" stand out. The band also deliver 5 new acoustic versions of all tracks from last year´s "Breaking heartstrings EP" where the laid back "Nothing but me" is my personal fave. The real bonus of this album are the 4 new tracks, "3 Cheers", "The dream", "Spare me" and "Everything´s falling". I would love to hear full band electric versions of "3 Cheers" and "The dream" so I hope they can re-record them on the next album.
Since this one is called Vol.1, I guess they will release Acoustic Sessions Vol.2 too, it´s a bit too early for that I think. Unless they record a bunch of covers.

No comments: