Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Charlie Played Cello - Red

Charlie Played Cello - Red (2012) New Deal Entertainment
Produced by Davey Meshell / David Bianco / Nino Moschello
POWER POP
Tracks : 1.Memories collide 2.Tired of playing games 3.Run away with me 4.Drifting apart 5.Light me on fire it´s midnight
www.facebook.com/CharliePlayedCello
3,5 out of 5

Los Angeles based Charlie Played Cello inked a deal with New Deal Entertainment, a label associated with the legendary Holland-Dozier-Holland songwriting team and Brian Holland composed two songs for the band. I think they´ve got a cool sound with traces of classic rock and new wave but in a power pop suit. My thoughts go to The Cars, Weezer and Tom Petty while listening to their debut EP "Red". I really like Chris Wiebe´s voice which suits these songs just fine, in some moments his melodies reminds of Elvis Costello. Songs like "Tired of playing games" and "Run away with me" can be described as feel-good music.

No comments: