Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Murder of My Sweet - Bye Bye Lullaby

The Murder of My Sweet - Bye Bye Lullaby (2012) AFM Records
Produced by Daniel Flores
SYMPHONIC METAL
Tracks : 1.Armageddon 2.Fallen 3.Unbreakable 4.I dare you 5.Violently peaceful 6.Meant to last forever 7.Idolize 8.Kind of lousy 9.The one 10.Resurrection 11.Waiting for the 27th 12.Black September 13.Phantom pain
http://www.themurderofmysweet.com/
4,5 out of 5

Sweden´s premiere symphonic metal band is back with a new line up, new label and a new smashing album. Producer/songwriter/drummer Daniel Flores recruited Christopher Vetter - Guitar and Teddy Westlund - Bass for the new album "Bye Bye Lullaby", the mic is still handled by the beautiful Angelica Rylin who also sings like an angel. The music is still epic and dramatic but this time also a bit darker, there are some string arrangements that bring thoughts to composer Danny Elfman´s work to Tim Burton´s movies. Fans of the first album "Divanity" (2009) will be very pleased to hear this album as well, the opener "Armageddon" start where the debut left off. Majestic and heavy, the way I like it. "Idolize" is a bit more modern sounding and even quite pop-ish, very cool. Another melodic tune which feel handmade for radio is 2nd track "Fallen" but I would also put my bets on the rhythmic "Kind of lousy", great chorus! Two tracks that totally knock me down are "Resurrection" and "Violently peaceful", pure masterpieces if you ask me. Bravo!

No comments: