Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Dar Williams - In the time of gods

Dar Williams - In the time of gods (2012) Razor and Tie Records
Produced by Kevin Killen
SINGER / SONGWRITER
Tracks : 1.I am the one who will remember everything 2.This earth 3.I have been around the world 4.The light and the sea 5.You will ride with me tonight 6.Crystal creek 7.Summer child 8.I will free myself 9.Write this number down 10.Storm king
http://www.darwilliams.com/
3 out of 5

Dar Williams is highly praised by well known news papers in the states as one of the very best singer/songwriters in America today. She is set to release her 9th studio album "In the time of gods" on April 17th and this time she worked with producer Kevin Killen who has worked with such giants as U2 and Peter Gabriel. This is the first album since the 2008 album "Promised land", there was also a retrospective 2 disc set called "Many great companions" released in 2010. Dar is celebrating 2 decades as a record artist and her new album is a warm and spiritual affair, you will find highlights like the single "I am the one who will remember everything" and the Stevie Nicks-like "Summer child", not to mention the hauntingly beautiful "I will free myself". Fans of Dar Williams won´t be disappointed to hear this album, it´s as solid as a rock.

No comments: